This is a five minute minimix, a bit like the ones on Annie Mac’s BBC show. It’s short, but there’s a lot packed in there. You can download from the soundcloud widget, orclick here.
01) Graham Philip d’Ancey – Sacred Dance
02) Sheila Chandra – Strange Minaret
03) Moon Boots – Aretha (Zimmer remix)
04) The System – You Are in My System
05) Cut Copy – Sun God (Andrew Weatherall Arp version)
06) Fan Death – Veronica’s Veil
07) René & Angela – Save Your Love (for #1) (feat. Kurtis Blow) (12″ version)
08) Thompson Twins – Love on Your Side (No Talkin’) (12″ version)
09) Liaisons Dangereuses – Los niños del parque
10) The Who – Eminence Front (The Love Supreme edit)
11) schädel – [untitled] (rpm 04)Something Like a Hajj (demo)
12) Genius of Time – Houston We Have a Problem
13) Zodiac – Pacific (original mix)
14) Baron von Luxxury – That Disco Beat
15) DAF – Brothers
16) Ellie Herring – Hunter’s Dreamboat (schädel remix)
17) The Black Madonna – Exodus
I made this some time during the last week of june, 2009. I was practicing, making sure the upgraded version of Serato worked fine on my machine before my gig at the Pris Prom. It wasn’t particularly tight, and it required a lot of ex post facto level adjustments, but there’s some good stuff in there, so i thought i’d post it.
Cerrone – Supernature DAF – Brothers Bobby O – She Has a Way Ottawan – You’re OK Parvati Khan (Bappi Lahiri) – Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Aaja M.I.A. – Jimmy Magic Men – Pop Corn Sparks – Tryouts for the Human Race JPLS – Spooked Portishead – Machine Gun (Noise Floor Crew remix) Uusitalo – Nälkälaulu Die Haustiere – Danneggiato (Evan Scott remix) Sarah Goldfarb – Confusion Ellen Allien – ITS Pole – Winkelstreben The Librarian – The Enemy OI!tER – I Wanna Be Your Underwear Random Source – Face Like a Robot (original) Front 242 – Tragedy >For You< Skepta – Rolex Sweep (extended mix) NWA – Something 2 Dance 2 Apotheosis – O Fortuna (Apocalypse Chorus mix)
As you can see, it starts out with italo & disco, then delves into techno for a while, and ends up in a very ridiculous place.
oh, and about halfway through, i bumped the phono/line switch and you get to hear about a second of the serato record. ha! very professional.